2048 is an exciting puzzle game that develops logic and strategic thinking. Thanks to it, you will be able to train your brain effectively and without unnecessary stress and develop your oral counting skills. 2048 attracts with simple rules and minimalistic design.
Asher Vollmer's threes and Veewo Studio's 1024 puzzles are the prototype of 2048. Later, the developers of Threes spoke negatively about the new game, calling it "spoiled plagiarism", but it was too late — 2048 already got a crowd of fans who enthusiastically stacked tiles with numbers.
The 2048 game was written by an aspiring Italian programmer, Gabriele Cirulli, in less than two days as a programming exercise. At the time of creation of the game, the developer was 19 years old. He posted the link on Twitter on March 9, 2014, and a week later was very surprised that four million people played in 2048.
Gabriele himself did not count on the success of his creation, and believes that he accidentally influenced the industry of browser and mobile games. He never planned to engage seriously in the development of games.
- Two days after the publication of 2048, Gabriele Cirulli admitted that for 16 hours of play, he never managed to win. Winning strategies were developed and calculated by fans.
- The largest tile value on a standard field is 131,072.
- The maximum number of points that can be scored in the game is 3,932,100 (each "4" that falls out reduces the score by 4).
Connect the same numbers, get new ones, collect the number 2048 and win! Start playing now, for free and without registration! We believe you will succeed!
In 2048, random winnings are excluded — only those who are able to focus on the task are lucky here. In the game, you need to connect tiles with the same value to create new tiles with larger numbers. The goal is a tile with the number 2048.
It's not as simple as it may seem, but it's not so difficult that you can't handle it.
The playing field has the shape of a 4x4 square, and consists of 16 mobile tiles with numbers. By pressing the arrows on the keyboard or moving your fingers on the touch screen, you can move all the tiles on the playing field to one of the 4 sides once per turn. If the same numbers are connected at the same time, a tile of a larger value is formed, equal to the sum of the connected tiles. For example, if you touch "8" and "8", you will get a tile "16". If three or more tiles of the same value are placed in a row, they stick together in the direction of movement.
After each move, a new tile with a value of "2" (with a 90% probability) or "4" (with a 10% probability) appears in a random cell. A move is considered made if at least one tile has changed its position.
The game ends in defeat when there are no free cells on the field and there are no identical numbers standing next to each other that can be connected. If you win-set the amount of 2048-you can continue the game.
The "correct" game lasts 20-30 minutes, but for those who move tiles at random, the field is filled much faster.
Tips on the game
To save time in the first seconds of the game, you can not really think about the course and just repeat the combination "left-right-up-down". At the same time, keep an eye on the field so that you don't accidentally lose at the start.
In fact, the secret of a successful game is quite simple — you need to follow some rules:
- Collect the tile with the maximum value in one of the lower corners and never use the upward movement. If small numbers lie at the bottom, it will be difficult to pull them out, and they will take up space.
- Fill in the first column on the right or left with the largest numbers. In the next column, the numbers must be smaller than in the previous one. When the game is over, you can collect tiles with a maximum value of 32 in the third column. The point is to save space for collecting numbers for a long time. If you select the left column, try not to press the "right" key and Vice versa.
Over time, you will develop your own strategy and learn that 2048 is not the limit. You can collect a lot more — 4096, 8192, and so on.